Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti, Lizzie, and Darcy.

I have a little photo on my blog here, captioned,"Lizzie on the up and up." The conductor is Zsuzsanna Balogh of Hungary; the lady on the other side of the ladder is a B.C. resident, from Saskatchewan that glorious prairie province that creates Canada's heartiest folks. Darcy Schille is a Canadian-trained nurse who adopted Lizzie from an orphanage in Haiti. That's right, Haiti. And this amazing woman sought out CE for Lizzie after Lizzie joined her family in Canada. Turns out Lizzie was part of an organization called "God's Littlest Angels" in Haiti. That is where Roxy and I are going to donate some cash toward Haiti's rebuilding. Darcy, Lizzie and a bunch of other stupendous persons I have had the honour of meeting keep the fires burning for me out here on the rainy west coast.

No comments: