Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hmm, I think I've just about had enough . . .

Well, I don't mean to bring anyone down; but holy smokes, I don't think I can take it any longer. Talking about conductive education; screw that, I'm not even talking conductive education, I'm just talking about my son's ability to stand up and how to assist him to continue using his legs; generally speaking.

Nobody cares! There are the few, my friends, Pumpkin, a few others; but the "professionals"? Anyone 'certified' who actually wears the badge and talks the talk of "working with these kids"; well, hmmm, one might as well go outside and ask the seagulls if they've seen the first robin of Springtime yet.

In the meantime, and despite it, the first Spring Session of Conductive Education since 2008 is rolling out the drooly carpet in mid-March. Nice to know that some things don't have to go the way of the Dodo bird. Hoping and praying and talking too much isn't necessarily my idea of a nice tradition. Assembling the plinth tables, getting some more whoopee cushions, signing up a few volunteers, and running to the coffee shop to the tunes of a small learning group singing the potty song: these are fine traditions and I will be practicing them again soon, with a sense that everything is alright in the world.

Zsipp - Zsupp, join the group!

No comments: