Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Islands.

There are certain groups of folks whose status never changes in my life: old friends, family of course, and my fellow CE parents. It doesn't matter how long it's been; we can always understand each other. I recently had the great pleasure of inviting one of my CE friends to come play hockey with my Saturday night hockey crowd. He was available, and he came to score a whole bunch of goals as we looked on enviously.

Of course, afterward is the best time; and we discovered that neither of us has given up an inch (or a centimetre as it were, in Canada) in the battle to keep conductivity alive for our boys. There's a tonne of respect in that exchange in that stinky room with hockey equipment piled in the bags and a cold barley sandwich shared among friends.

Sure, the olympics are starting next week; but we're always thinking conductive education. Oh, Canada. . . we'll just see.

No comments: